The Neon bursary scheme
We are offering £300-700 bursaries to schools who work with young people who are under-represented in the Engineering profession. This is to help these schools overcome barriers to participating in activities listed on Neon and improve the impact for their students.
Any school that meets the EngineeringUK EDI Criteria are eligible to apply.
The bursary can be spent flexibly, for example on:
- Paying for a Neon activity
- Teacher cover
- To overcome digital poverty through purchase of digital devises or data
- Resources to support the young people to participate in the activity
- Hiring or buying specialist equipment to complement a Neon activity
We are keen to ensure this bursary particularly improves impact for young people who are under-represented in engineering – including the below groups. Please do involve a representation of these young people (as appropriate to your pupil population).
- Young people from lower socio-economic groups
- Young people with disabilities and SEN
- Young people from ethnic minority backgrounds
Please also ensure that young people from all attainment levels are effectively involved in the programme.
Teachers may apply for a bursary by completing the Neon Bursary Scheme application form
There will be three bursary application deadlines:
If you are successful in your application, we will notify you by email.
As part of receiving the bursary, you will be asked to complete a short 10-15 minute impact survey in July 2021 (after participating) about how the bursary was spent and how you feel it made a difference.