Neon brings together the UK's best engineering and technology experiences and inspiring careers resources to help teachers bring STEM to life with real-world examples of engineering and tech.
Finding engaging activities to show where engineering and technology are used in the real world can take time. So, we do the hard work for you, curating the most brilliant experiences so you know they are engaging for your students, are linked to up-to-date careers information and highlight real-world applications of engineering and tech.
Neon is powered by the team behind Big Bang and Tomorrow’s Engineers, working in partnership with the engineering and tech community to inspire the next generation.
Neon is funded by EngineeringUK and the Shell Centenary Scholarship Fund
Neon will help you
- Find brilliant inspiration for you and your students
- Bring classroom STEM to life with inclusive real-world engineering and technology experiences
- Make links with employers and STEM professionals
- Confidently identify experiences with different learning outcomes
- Build a plan of inspiring experiences for your students
- Discover bright new ways to showcase your subject
- Improve your knowledge of opportunities in engineering and tech
- Share up-to-date information on engineering careers and how to get into them
Anyone can browse Neon but registering with us means you can unlock key info and features, including saving your favourites.
Quality matters to us
We want you and your students to enjoy the very best engineering and technology experiences, so we only feature experiences that meet our quality criteria.
Featured experiences should:
- Include positive and contemporary messaging about engineering and tech
- Raise young peoples’ aspirations:
For primary: Broaden horizons, challenge career stereotypes, and put curriculum subjects into a real-life context
For secondary: Include an explicit careers dimension and align with at least 2 Gatsby benchmarks
- Be designed and delivered to be inclusive for students
- Be committed to embedding learning and improvements
- Clearly articulate expected learning outcomes
- Set expectations around cost and time to the end-user
- Meet safeguarding, health and safety and data protection standards and have public liability insurance
We hope you'll love your Neon experience. If you do, please share with anyone you think needs some Neon in their life. If for any reason you don't, please let us know and we'll see what we can do to help!